Author Topic: HITRECORD  (Read 199 times)

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
HITRECORD
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:48:26 PM »
Hey guys,

So I've never actually contributed to it but I've long appreciated the work that is created by HITRECORD. It's a site that takes all sorts of creative contributions and turns them into collaborative multimedia awesome thingies. Anyone can contribute and they want both new pieces and frequently have need for writer's for specific projects too.

You can contribute a new idea or add to someone else's. And if your work gets used in something they pay you!

Check it out:  https://hitrecord.org/explore/projects?sort=featured

They are currently working on a project about being 'half awake' in the mornings which looks really cool and they're still looking for non-fiction story contributions. https://hitrecord.org/projects/3383633/highlights

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:53:31 PM by Serena »

Matt

• View Profile
Re: HITRECORD
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:42:15 PM »
Hey Serena, Matt here! I see this post is from before Xmas buutttt,  i adore the idea of HITrecord. Maybe we could set a time to meet @ Toi Ora and delve into the world of HITrecord and all of it's juicy opportunities??

I hope you're well I guess I will see ya at the next Words & biscuits :)

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 11:11:42 AM »
Hey Matt,

Yeah that sounds like a great idea. Some of us were just discussing setting aside some time at Words and Biscuits to work on our own 'big' projects so this could fit into that. I don't really have a big project to work on so would be great to have a goal to work towards like this.

Look forward to seeing you  then :)

Agent24

• CEO of Kandel-McGherkin Biodiesel International
    • View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 01:28:45 PM »
The website looks pretty interesting (Also pretty scary, to be honest - but perhaps worthwhile in eliminating the even scarier aspect of talking to the same strangers face-to-face...)

I do like the opportunity it presents. At the very least, it could certainly be a place to find many inspirational ideas and provide a potential mine of writing prompts for those times in the doldrums. I imagine it might also be a source of feedback on submissions (I tentatively hope).

The prospect of being paid for contributions is certainly attractive, though I wonder what the likelihood of that would actually be. Hmmm.
"Our imagination spans that infinite moment, between the asterisk and the ampersand."