Author Topic: Russian Revolution - Week 2  (Read 518 times)

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Russian Revolution - Week 2
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 05:18:00 PM »
Well I missed yesterday, but I had an unexpected phone interview which used up the time I was planning to write.  ::)

Today I have written a stanza, I tried haha. Off to see Neil Finn shortly so hopefully that will inspire something tomorrow  ;D

Antelope

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2018, 07:53:28 PM »
Ooh enjoy!

I forgot to post here yesterday, but I did write three pages in the morning. I also did a page and a half today. Mostly just rambling thoughts.
I'm enjoying writing first thing in the morning with an apple  :)

Agent24

• CEO of Kandel-McGherkin Biodiesel International
    • View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 10:26:52 PM »
I'm surprised that 152 words sounds surprising! But then I gave myself a target of at least a whole typed page every day this week ... (Who's idea was that!? >:()

I did better today though. I wrote most of a page this morning at breakfast, it was rather breakfast-themed :D ~290 words on A4 handwritten.
At lunch I went shopping, and while in the car-park, saw a compellingly faulty fluorescent light fixture, which inspired me to write some more when I got home. Half a page typed. No idea where it's going though.

I like the idea of writing with music. I wonder, if, after a sufficiently long period of such behaviour, it would become harder to write without the music? I am always dubious of relying on potentially fallible external influences. Maybe I'm also over-psychoanalysing it.

I wonder what it would be like to write character sheets for ourselves and then for each other. That sounds like a recipe for severe awkwardness!
"Our imagination spans that infinite moment, between the asterisk and the ampersand."

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 12:56:58 PM »
Wrote a few lines today about feeling pissed off haha. Off to the beach now for some birthday week relaxing  :)

Agent24

• View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 10:23:45 PM »
I had a nice meander in the park this morning, and did some planning of Katie's adventure. Now I think I have some idea where things could go, which should be useful. So I didn't really write much, but I suppose it counts. Probably about 100 words at most.
"Our imagination spans that infinite moment, between the asterisk and the ampersand."

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 08:48:55 PM »
91 words today. I can see the attraction of typing work when doing this kind of challenge, it's very rewarding to see exactly how many words you've written.

No saving paper
On an electronic screen
No excuses are left
To leave this be

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:50:56 PM by Serena »

Agent24

• View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2018, 12:46:50 PM »
It is quite useful for something like this, where one can have a record, and maybe a personal goal. We could also theoretically incorporate it into some kind of statistical analysis, for the purpose of, something?

At this stage, for myself, at least, my reward is still just the knowledge that I've shown up and written at all, regardless of quality, and no matter how short or in what form. I'm trying to get into the habit of deliberately writing at some point everyday.

Except for last Sunday, where I felt really miserable compared to the enjoyable Saturday preceding it, wrote nothing, nor really did much of anything the entire day. Anyone up for a terrible 'Black Sabbath' pun?

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2018, 04:39:42 PM »
..unsure if rhetorical question..  ???

Agent24

• View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 05:51:14 PM »
A bad self-referencing pun, perhaps? Something to do with feeling depressed on a Sunday. Although that's not necessarily anything to do with the band, so I suppose the joke doesn't actually make sense. But I was listening to a few of their songs on Friday night, and it made me have some kind of associative brain thought.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:54:24 PM by Agent24 »