Author Topic: Easter Eagerness  (Read 530 times)

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Easter Eagerness
« on: March 26, 2018, 04:22:05 PM »
The extra long, two week edition of our themed challenges.

Post your goal for the two weeks (or post another halfway) and check-in as often as you want, most of us are aiming for daily. Feel free to share some (or all) of what you have been working on or just update us on how your goal is going, what you ate for lunch, why you keep procrastinating.. haha

If you succeed (or even if you didn't) come join us at Words and Biscuits for our mini celebration in two weeks  ;D

Join us!

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Easter Eagerness
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 04:25:43 PM »
My goal for the first week is to write a MAXIMUM of 25 words a day on my piece that I'm trying to make (the idea is hopefully they will be better quality if I have a maximum). I also want to try my hand at a Sonnet as a side project as I've never written one.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:58:14 PM by Serena »

Antelope

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 05:02:09 PM »
Thanks Serena!

I didn't complete one of my goals last week, which was to submit some writing for publication somewhere, so I'd like to do that this week.

I also want to write a writer's CV for sending my book away to publishers.

And, I'm still aiming to write every day, but for the next two weeks it's probably going to be uni assignments.

Agent24

• CEO of Kandel-McGherkin Biodiesel International
    • View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 10:43:39 AM »
Hey! Sorry I missed out on Words and Biscuits yesterday. I needed to hide, watch Tintin cartoons, and order late-night emergency pizza.

The idea of a maximum word count is an interesting concept. Maybe I need to put a maximum on my energy expenditure. This week I might just take a break and eat chocolate.
"Our imagination spans that infinite moment, between the asterisk and the ampersand."

Antelope

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 04:57:09 PM »
Taking a break and eating chocolate sounds very Easterly of you.

I wrote 842 words on an essay today which is very exciting, because if I write another 1,158 before the end of this week, I will be able to take a break and eat chocolate this weekend whilst not thinking about it.

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 06:56:55 PM »
24 words today. I think I like them sorta so I guess it's working  ???

TSA1984

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 11:02:33 PM »
I am back. After a week in which I just couldn't get the words out, even on this forum. 

So, my challenge is to write every day. That poem that I wrote in our session - its now less horrible - the first vere anyway. So that's me for the day.

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 07:26:09 PM »
23 words today. Feeling alright about them, had a play swapping synonyms until I found the right words.

Agent24

• View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 07:50:24 PM »
I want to write a poem about how much I don't feel like writing. It could be some sort of recursive, logician's Hell, based upon the impossibility of a collapsed paradox. And now I've given myself an idea. Dammit.

The weekend is not shaping up to be particularly exciting from my current standpoint. I've run out of chocolate, and all I've got is a unkempt rabbit living under my back porch.

But, inadvertent poetry from the orange buffoon has reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JtYr0tiONc which may prove amusing and is not in any way meant as a form of subterfuge.
"Our imagination spans that infinite moment, between the asterisk and the ampersand."

Antelope

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2018, 10:58:55 PM »
That clip is funny :-)

I was just about to say that I wrote nothing today, but then I opened up my essay and wrote just under 200 words on it. The only reason I am still awake is that I ate too much chocolate this evening.

Antelope

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 11:00:05 AM »
Hi guys!
I have done no writing today, and I am about to go offline for Easter. I plan on doing some writing in the sand with my toe.
Have fun chatting with the Easter bunny etc.

Agent24

• View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 02:43:28 PM »
Have a happy Easter!

I actually wrote quite a bit today - 900 or so words (haven't finished editing yet). Though they are electronics-related, quite technical, and likely very boring to everyone here.

TSA1984

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 04:55:37 PM »
Hi guys!

So, I have been consistentlly failing at this even-just-a-word thing. So I''ve set my sights n daily poems. Been feiling at that too, but it's very satisfying when I succeed.   

I think I'll add to the goal - updating this daily too. It's a great motivator.

Agent24

• View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 10:19:10 PM »
Hey!

Yes, daily updates here might be a good idea, I sometimes find it easier to write something here, than to write something there.

I did forgot to post yesterday, but I worked a bit more on my top secret electronics documents ???, before losing the rest of the day to a very slow bike ride and not bothering to worry about anything else.

My update for today is that despite writing nothing, I've started reading a new book (Epiphany Jones by Michael Grothaus), did a lot of vacuuming, and just baked a cake. Banana and sultana and cinnamon. I'd bring some next Monday, if it wasn't a holiday.

I also finished the Tim Winton one, Eyrie, which was good overall, but had a slightly disappointing ending. I don't know if he was trying to make a statement, or if it was something else.

Agent24

• View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2018, 11:31:34 PM »
Posting... something.. ?