Author Topic: Easter Eagerness  (Read 531 times)

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Easter Eagerness
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2018, 11:43:53 AM »
Just chiming in to echo that I too have not achieved my goals haha  ::)

My half excuse is that I have been without a laptop since Friday, which is a good excuse to not post anything here but I had plenty of other ways to write.. Anyway, just hoping to write one line today to ease back into things. Going to look for some inspiration now..

Agent24

• CEO of Kandel-McGherkin Biodiesel International
    • View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2018, 06:29:49 AM »
I wrote 417 words yesterday, but they were mostly just venting to myself about existence.
"Our imagination spans that infinite moment, between the asterisk and the ampersand."

TSA1984

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 03:43:44 PM »
Given I'm doing poems,nice short poems, would it be okay if I posted them here?   

For the past couple of days I've been ...not achieving ...my goal of one a day. And so I've been promising myself one more tomorrow. It got up to about six that I owed myself. So today I wrote one with six verses, which raises the question: what is a poem? I mean, seriously' what is *one* poem, or the equivalent of one? I'm nit worrying about numbers, and just going back to doing *something* every day. 

fwiw, a six-verse poem is the most I have written in ages, so I feel pretty good. 

Antelope

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 04:09:39 PM »
Yes, please post your poems here! I would like some inspiration.

I am back in computer-land and wrote around 300 words today on an essay.

I did not do any writing over Easter, not even in the sand. I also did not got near my computer or phone (very happy about this) but I did draw some pictures, slept on the beach for 3 nights, saw the sunrise and the moonrise over the water at the East Cape, and cuddled some horses which all make me happy.

Agent24

• View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2018, 07:47:55 PM »
Poems would be great!

That sounds like a really nice Easter.
"Our imagination spans that infinite moment, between the asterisk and the ampersand."

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 03:33:17 PM »
I just wrote something random and new and hopefully editable.

Antelope

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 10:00:54 AM »
Well, I have two big essays due tomorrow and I have suddenly developed a keen interest in learning how to make elaborate Indian curries. There are worse ways to procrastinate I suppose - my kitchen does smell really good.

I am still plodding along though, writing quite a few words every day. Looking forward to next week when I can start writing poetry again!

Agent24

• View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2018, 11:27:35 AM »
Well, I have two big essays due tomorrow and I have suddenly developed a keen interest in learning how to make elaborate Indian curries.
Haha! :D

"I can't possibly do that thing I'm supposed to be doing, because I'm already too busy being in the middle of doing this other thing now, and I can't abandon the currently ongoing process without losing the money/effort I've suddenly invested in it. Therefore, this new thing has now become immediately much more important than the thing I was supposed to be doing."

There are worse ways to procrastinate I suppose - my kitchen does smell really good.
I am still plodding along though, writing quite a few words every day. Looking forward to next week when I can start writing poetry again!

You can start writing poetry right now! Write a poem while your curry is cooking, so you can avoid your essays even more. :P Wait, don't listen to me, I think I need to bake some muffins...

Agent24

• View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2018, 11:14:48 PM »
I wrote 209 words today, just some observations and stuff.

I finished reading Epiphany Jones. (Maybe we could have a book review/suggestions/etc area?)
It was pretty good, and definitely lives up to the dark side of dark humour. Although it does have a cliché plot device halfway through, and 4 typographical errors.

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2018, 12:56:47 PM »
A book review would be cool, I really struggle to read and never know what to start with either. Maybe you could post it in the Discussion board?

I haven't been doing any writing for the last few days. I just wrote 19 words now and hopefully will edit them later using the 'less than 25' rule. Hopefully they'll turn out a bit better than they currently are. I also really need to put together something for a submission but only have bits and pieces. Maybe some compiling is needed to see if anything fits together.

Agent24

• View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2018, 08:05:50 PM »
I haven't done much either. Hopefully I can get back into it next week.
I made a "What are people reading" thread just now. Perhaps that will be interesting.

Edit: add this poem

fridge and laptop hum
mute electric symphony
can't hide death's silence

random song for this moment: Radiohead - Street Spirit
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:23:42 PM by Agent24 »

Agent24

• View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 06:43:47 PM »
Well, I didn't write anything today, yet, but I did shoot more video and baked another cake....