Author Topic: Which book(s) are you currently reading?  (Read 193 times)

Agent24

• CEO of Kandel-McGherkin Biodiesel International
    • View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
Which book(s) are you currently reading?
« on: April 07, 2018, 07:58:45 PM »
I had an idea that we could have a thread where we post about which books we're reading, and we could inspire each other to read more!

So to start off: I've just finished reading Epiphany Jones by Michael Grothaus, and have now gone back to finishing off the eighth book in the Skulduggery Pleasant series, 'Last Stand of Dead Men", by Derek Landy. (actually, I've been cheating, it's an audiobook :P). I'm also trying to get my hands on a copy of the final book in the 'Hex' series; Ghosts by Rhiannon Lassiter.

What's everyone else reading?
"Our imagination spans that infinite moment, between the asterisk and the ampersand."

TSA1984

• View Profile
What are we reading?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 09:58:35 PM »
Where we talking the other day about having a post about what we're all reading? Seems like a good idea. I'll get it started. I am reading Strong Motion by Jonathan Franzen.   

As Chuck Klosterman says, I read like I write, slowly and artfully. The words come in with as much difficulty as they come out. There were always a few authors that I could just pick up and read, and Franzen was one of them. The Corrections, Freedom and Purity flew by, but they really stayed with me. This one, not so much. But I am wondering if it's me, since being unable to read is a bit of a thing with me. The last one I remember finishing is Sula by Toni Morrison. That was months ago.   

My favourite book is The Unbearable Lightness of Being
and my favourite author is Kurt Vonnegutt.

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Which book(s) are you currently reading?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 08:23:48 AM »
Have merged these two threads as they are the same topic. Hopefully you can still find it TSA1984  :)