Author Topic: The Artist's Way  (Read 97 times)

Antelope

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The Artist's Way
« on: December 22, 2018, 09:27:13 AM »
Hey guys,

I've decided to do The Artist's Way course, because it's been aaaages since I did it and I got lots out of it before. Does anyone want to join me? If you aren't familiar with it, it is a 12 week course for recovering your inner artist/writer/creator. All you need to do is have a copy of the book and follow the instructions inside.

Let me know if any of you are keen. If you are, we could do weekly check-ins here.

Happy holidays folks!

Rata  :)

Antelope

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The Artist's Way
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 03:12:58 PM »
Update from me... I have been doing morning pages for a couple of weeks now (though I don't usually get to finish them first thing in the morning and I have missed a few days).

I have had 3 artist dates so far... once to a dance class, once to a restorative yoga class and once to a river but that one only lasted half an hour because the baby got sad and I had to go home.

I'm starting week one properly today and I'm going to do some of the tasks now.

Oh and when I did the 'imaginary lives' task a few weeks ago, one of my lives was a weaver and I have been doing some weaving. My friend taught me how to make a waikawa basket and I harvested some flax last night to make some more.

Serena

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 10:28:44 AM »
Great work Rata! A trip to a river sounds nice and cool right now as I swelter away inside..

I have finally stopped procrastinating and dug out my book. Gonna make a start this week.

Agent24

• Ten tongue-tied taste testers told tall tales!
    • View Profile
    • Toenail & Pancreas
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 08:55:05 PM »
Hey! I .. uhh..  posted this :P

Reading your posts about this idea has made it sound more intriguing though.... Imaginary lives sound fascinating.

I'm halfway through a novel called "The seven deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle" of which the title made me think of the film " The deaths of Ian Stone" but has little if any similarities.
I shall finish that this week and then unearth my copy of 'vein of gold' and see if I find any leprechauns attached to it.
"Our imagination spans that infinite moment, between the asterisk and the ampersand."